Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tips For Relieving Stress

Even though most of the time, there's no need to be stressed if you really think about it (Why not to be stressed), sometimes life gets the better of all of us. If you're ever feeling any sort of stress, here are my tips for relaxing and feeling better.

Tip number one - Take deep breaths with your stomach, not your chest. This is a technique that many people recommend, and one that I've called on in the past. Simply breathe deeply in a way where your stomach expands and contracts, and this should help you calm down.

Tip number two - Go talk to a friend or close family member. For some reason, talking to a good friend or a close family member takes my mind off of the things that are going poorly. It's nice to talk with someone who will help you work through what ever is bothering you.

Tip number three (my favorite tip) - Go close your eyes. If you're at work, go sit in the stall for five minutes and close your eyes. If you're at school, go sit somewhere where you can close your eyes for five minutes and not notice anything going on around you. The most ideal thing that I would do, and this is the most difficult thing to do, is take a quick nap. You may be tired when you wake up, but I find that this helps me clear my mind. Whether you close your eyes or take a nap, you will be resting, which from personal experience should help decrease your stress levels.

You can follow me @kaufman_jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment