Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Conflict

Everyone has conflict in his or her life. For me, I usually have conflicting feelings towards other people, and sometimes I have inner-conflict. There was a time in my life when I thought having no conflict with other people was the best thing in the world, so I tried to mitigate conflict whenever possible. Over time though, I've learned that conflict can strengthen and build relationships with the people around me. Having conflict with people you like or love is kind of like doing weightlifting, initially your muscles and relationships get broken down a bit, but after good recovery and reconciliation, they both come back stronger for it. Being in conflict with others close to you is okay, as long as you sit back and let those people know what they mean to you.

Inner-conflict is a different beast. A lot of the time when I'm questioning a decision or thinking hard about an issue, I don't know what the best stance to take is. Usually, I after I prioritize something, or promote or demote certain ideas or values, I wonder if I made the right choice. It's tough to focus on every choice you make as a person, or everything that's going on in the world. Sometimes the inner-conflict is because of insecurities I have. The best way I deal with thoughts from inside my mind about different things in my life is by reflecting on them, tucking them away, and pulling out what I've learned from my experiences when it suits me best. Life is full of conflict, which can be good if you handle it the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment