Monday, October 31, 2011

Meeting People and Ohours

Recently I haven't had the time to write any new quick posts and am sorry for that, but have been working on a longer piece to coincide with the launch of this project I've been working on called YumOrder, which should be ready this week. Last night I had the pleasure of hosting my very first Ohours, which is a site that lets anyone schedule time to talk or to meet with anyone else on the site. Right now, there's a great group of interesting people on the Ohours that I'm looking forward to talking to. One of the people I chatted with last night was Nathan Hurst, the founder of Hirelite, and the guy who acquired Ohours. He was an awesome and interesting guy to speak with, and I love what he is doing with Hirelite and Ohours. After we talked it got me thinking how it is important to be maintain the relationships you have built, as well as it is critical to meet new people in both the business world and personal world. Over the summer there was a period where I wasn't putting enough time into meeting and hanging out with both new people and people I already knew. Now that I've been placing more time into meeting and talking to a lot of new people, it's made me put more focus on developing and maintaining new relationships. My advice to anyone who wants to meet new people, get on Ohours or go to a local technology Meetup as soon as possible, and I think you'll find it to be pretty rewarding!

You can follow me @kaufman_jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment