Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Good to be Angry

Someone a week or two ago said to me how amazing it was to him that I never get angry. I appreciated him thinking that I'm usually cool-headed and collected. However, what I wanted to tell this person is that I do get angry, just like anyone else, but try to never act on my anger. Anger is a common emotion, and emotions need to be felt and experienced. It is healthy to feel anger, but it is not healthy to be destructive with the anger you feel. Politicians must feel a lot of anger when a newspaper or journalist attacks their policies and ideas. But, politicians do not act rashly from anger as if they did, they wouldn't be reelected. Emotions are good. Anger is good sometimes. Just don't let anger guide your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment